from science to clinical applications
Workshop mit Emmanuel Boselli
Hypnoanesthesia is becoming more and more popular in the anesthetic field to reduce pain or anxiety in patients undergoing various procedures, as reported in various scientific publications. Among them, a recent monitor called ANI assessing the parasympathetic tone was recently released to optimize opioid administration during general anesthesia1. The ANI was also studied during hypnosis, with increased values observed during hypnotic sessions, providing objective measurement of the anesthetic trance.2,3 Other studies have also assessed variations in skin temperature of the hand measured by infrared thermography during the creation of a hypnotic glove compared to the other hand, and assessed the efficacy of the hypnotic glove.4
The aim of this workshop is to present the results of these different studies, present the ANI device and describe the technique of the „three-layers hypnotic glove“ taught at Émergences institute.
- Present the results of scientific studies published in the hypnoanesthesia field
- Present the ANI monitor and its potential clinical application in hypnoanesthesia
- Learning the technique of the „three-layers hypnotic glove“ with videos and live demonstration using ANI
- Provide a scientific rational for hypnoanesthesia techniques
Emmanuel Boselli, MD, PhD
Anesthesiologist, Pierre-Oudot hospital center, Bourgoin-Jallieu
Associate teacher and researcher, University Claude Bernard Lyon I, Lyon
Trainer in hypnoanesthesia and hypnoanalgesia, Émergences Institute, Rennes (France)
- De Jonckheere J, Bonhomme V, Jeanne M, et al. Physiological signal processing for individualized anti-nociception management during general anesthesia: A review. Yearb Med Inform 2015;10:95-101.
- Boselli E, Musellec H, Bernard F, et al. Effects of conversational hypnosis on relative parasympathetic tone and patient comfort during axillary brachial plexus blocks for ambulatory upper limb surgery: A quasiexperimental pilot study. Int J Clin Exp Hypn 2018;66:134-46.
- Boselli E, Musellec H, Martin L, et al. Effects of hypnosis on the relative parasympathetic tone assessed by ANI (Analgesia/Nociception Index) in healthy volunteers: a prospective observational study. Journal of clinical monitoring and computing 2018;32:487-92.
- Paqueron X, Musellec H, Virot C, Boselli E. Hypnotic glove anesthesia induces skin temperature changes in adult volunteers: A prospective controlled pilot study. Int J Clin Exp Hypn 2019;67:408-27.